Thanks for the encouragement you’ve provided about my #alittletoofluffy attempts! Round 2 started last Friday, and the first weigh in was today.
Do you enjoy these posts? What would you like to hear more about? I think I’ll try to update on Fridays as much as I can, because goodness knows I need the extra accountability.
I still always feel slightly not in control of what I’m eating and how often I’m exercising. Like I’m going to veer off toward a burgers and cupcakes restaurant and never come back. (There is for real a burgers and cupcakes restaurant I frequented with my roommate while living in New York City one summer! But I also walked everywhere. No harm, no foul.)
Overlapping with #alittletoofluffy and ending earlier this week, Dan and I completed a Diet Bet game: lose 4% in 4 weeks. Different games are always being hosted with the goal of losing 4% in 4 weeks or 10% in 6 months. Each game has a set buy-in amount. The winners split the buy-in money of those who did not successfully complete the challenge. We each paid $30 to participate and we each won $45 by being successful. Not bad! We plan to join other games once #alittletoofluffy round 2 ends.
I love having a set workout routine now. And I have a set number workout essentials I wear and bring with me each time. Here they are:
1. Graphic t-shirt that makes a statement: My workout looks is relatively statement-less, so I like to wear t-shirts that say something that matters to me. My favorite is a half a heart + Africa that forms a full heart. Sevenly has really great shirts, and I’m eyeing this one, specifically.
2. Cotton yoga capris: I tried shorts the first day, but these thighs are not yet small enough to comfortably rock the shorts. I much prefer the feel and coolness of the cotton, as opposed to polyester compression capris.
3. Asics women’s running shoes: I have had mine for almost seven years now, and they’ve been great — granted they haven’t gotten a ton of use until lately. I’m going to look into a new pair sometime soon, but for now, I recommend these!
4. Xhilaration low-cut socks from Target: For a while I was wearing more expensive socks that were also more bulky. And getting numb toes during every workout. These come in a bunch of fun patterns and are thin enough they don’t add bulk to your toes.
5. Hello Apparel green champ pullover: I love this sweatshirt! It’s still fuzzy inside after many washings. It’s worked well on days I have to wear my winter coat, too, because there isn’t a sweatshirt hood fighting with my coat hood.
7. iPod shuffle: My mint green iPod shuffle is going strong after eight years. I replaced my skinny white non-clip older generation shuffle in college, and this has worked perfectly well ever since. I prefer it to wearing my phone in an arm band, because it is so lightweight and never gets in the way.
8. Cell phone wristlet: Because I usually go to the gym and come right back home and I’m paranoid about my things being stolen, I don’t take my purse. A fabric wristlet like this works great for me, because I can slide my phone into it and keep my membership card, iPod shuffle and keys inside.
Disclosure: Some affiliate links are used above. A post on affiliate links and why I use them is to come!